I was a cooking machine today. On the menu this week, we have:
- Baba ganoush – the recipe called for 4 cloves of garlic; I used 8 (and some extra garlic powder). It might be illegal outside of Gilroy, CA
- Roasted Chicken Thighs – a little salt, a little pepper and a good dash of my secret spice mix. Good protein for the week
- Bean Salad – 4 minds of beans (garbanzo, kidney, white, black), homemade mustard vinaigrette, parsley, good olive oil, and a few dashes of balsamic. And a dash of my secret spice mix.
- Sauteed Brussels Sprouts – plenty of butter, onions, a bit of chicken broth and lots of fresh sprouts. I added a dash of — wait for it! — my secret spice mix and a handful of toasted pine nuts
- Sweet Potato – I found a nice big fat one at the store, rubbed it with oil and salted it nicely. It roasted along side the chicken thighs. YUM!
- There are some other goodies I cooked earlier this week including chicken livers with tarragon (inspired by the same dish at Carluccio’s Las Vegas, and a bit of roasted cauliflower with turmeric and onions.